Dr. Ali Rezaie MD, MSc, FRCPC is a gastroenterologist who has dedicated his career to understanding irritable bowel syndrome, gut microbiome and internal UV therapy. He has published over 100 research articles in peer-reviewed journals including Gastroenterology, American Journal of Gastroenterology, Digestive Diseases and Sciences and Canadian Journal of Gastroenterology. His works have been cited more than 6,000 times by other scientific journals. Dr. Rezaie serves as the associate editor of the Journal of Digestive Disease and Sciences.
Dr. Ali is an associate professor at Cedars-Sinai and an associate clinical professor at UCLA. Dr. Rezaie also serves as the director of Bioinformatics and Biotechnology for the Medically Associated Science and Technology (MAST) Program at Cedars-Sinai. He is also the author of “The Microbiome Connection: Your Guide to IBS, SIBO and Low Fermentation Eating”.
Krystyna Houser is the founder of Good LFE. A busy mom of three living in Brooklyn, NY. Her journey of Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO) diagnosis and treatment took several years and inspired her to create Good LFE, a multifaceted product and lifestyle brand focusing on microbiome health and wellness for those struggling with SIBO and IBS.
She bravely refused to take the standard antibiotic regiment for SIBO, took responsibility for her own health and body and ultimately conquering SIBO by making the food changes her body needed.
In this episode, we explore:
- The power of low fermentation eating in changing people’s lives by healing their gut.
- Krystyna’s SIBO story, and how that led her to collaborating with Dr Ali on bringing attention to low fermentation eating.
- How IBS is one of the many diseases once considered ‘just in the patient’s head’ that has now been proven to be an issue of gut dysbiosis despite major resistance from the medical field.
- A deep, technical dive into what causes SIBO and IBS, including incredible new treatments like herbal antibiotics.
- How to get correctly tested and diagnosed. Spoiler – be careful of DIY tests!
- The critical difference between low fermentation eating and Low FODMAP.
- Life changing guidance anyone can begin today to get on the path of healing SIBO or IBS from true world experts.
The Made to Thrive Show is hosted by Steve Stavs.
Visit The Made to Thrive Show to listen to this and more episodes.