Flourless Chocolate Raspberry Torte
Makes one 9" cake
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1/3 cup organic cane sugar
- juice of 1 lemon
To make the jam, mash berries, lemon juice and sugar in a small saucepan with a potato masher until it turns into a raspberry sugar slush. Cook over low heat, stirring every few minutes until the mixture thickens, about 15 minutes.
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 5 large eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons of the Raspberry Jam
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the torte, use parchment paper to line the bottom and sides of a greased 9” springform pan. Preheat over to 350 F.
Melt the coconut oil with the chocolate, salt, and jam in the top of a double boiler and let cool.
While chocolate mixture is cooling, beat the egg yolks with the sugar until they become pale yellow. Mix the cooled coconut oil and chocolate mixture with the sugar and yolks. In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites until they are stiff, but not dry. Gently fold into the chocolate mixture until just mixed together. It’s okay if there are still a few white streaks in mixture, the important part is to make sure the egg whites stay nice and fluffy.
- Gently pour better into lined pan, smoothing top with spatula before putting in oven. Place a pan of water on the bottom shelf to help keep the torte from drying out. Bake batter in center of oven for 40-45 minutes, rotating pan after 20 minutes. When finished, the top will be puffed and slightly cracked. Remove from the oven and let cake rest for 15 minutes before unmolding and carefully peeling off the parchment paper. Carefully slide cake onto cake stand and let cool.
- As the cake cools the center will fall, this is normal and makes for a nice center to fill with jam. When cooled, spread jam over the middle of the cake and dot edge with whole raspberries. Refrigerate for 1 hour until set.
Discover Hundreds of LFE Recipes in The Good LFE Cookbook
Packed with delicious, fresh and easy-to-execute recipes, our cookbook opens up a new world of eating options for anyone contending with SIBO, IBS or other gut health issues. Every recipe follows Low Fermentation Eating and is designed to maintain your microbiome balance and bring back the joy of eating.