Carrot Romesco Sauce
- 4 carrots cut into large chunks
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup almonds
- Small handful of parsley
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika (seasoned to preferred smokiness)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt, to taste
Preheat oven to 450 F (230 C)
- On a parchment-lined sheet pan, toss carrots with 1 tablespoon olive oil and a large pinch of salt. Roast for 15 minutes. Add garlic to sheet pan and roast for another 15 minutes. Add almonds to sheet pan and roast for final 10 minutes. (For total of 40 minutes.)
- Let cool and add carrots, almonds, and garlic to food processor along with handful of parsley, lemon juice and zest, smoked paprika, water, and remaining olive oil. Pulse until almonds are in small bits and carrots are creamy. Add an additional tablespoon of water and oil and blend further if you want a creamier consistency.
- Season to taste with lemon and salt.
Discover Hundreds of LFE Recipes in The Good LFE Cookbook
Packed with delicious, fresh and easy-to-execute recipes, our cookbook opens up a new world of eating options for anyone contending with SIBO, IBS or other gut health issues. Every recipe follows Low Fermentation Eating and is designed to maintain your microbiome balance and bring back the joy of eating.